Question:
How cold does it get in the Philippines?
johnnyboy
2006-01-06 06:26:34 UTC
How cold does it get in the Philippines?
Four answers:
LRANGELS
2006-01-06 08:53:00 UTC
December to February are the coldest months in the Philippines. If you're in Manila around that time in the year it might get to as low as in the upper 60's (Fahrenheit scale). I think in the Tagaytay area it gets to the lower 60's. I'm not so sure in Baguio, but I assume it's much cooler due to its altitude.
My Big Bear Ron
2006-01-06 22:57:35 UTC
That all depends on where you are. Some parts up north are of high elevations and it can get quite frigid.

I was in metro-Manila for a couple weeks in December. I wore shorts and flip flops most of the time. It's cooler than in in April - August. Of course my filipino husband thinks anything below 80 degrees is cold.

I've been in the metro-Manila area through June and July... not the hottest time of year, but for me, a southerner from Georgia (USA), it was quite hot (actually I like it that way) most of the time. However the rain, which came quite often cooled it down a bit.

Don't know what to tell you about anything below Luzon, but reason would suggest it's much warmer.
eli
2006-01-07 06:19:04 UTC
I agree with my big Bear Ron. In southern region, it's hotter because its nearer the equator. Baguio is the coolest place in the philippines since its in a higher elevation and belongs to the mountain province in the northern part. December, January and February are the coolest months for us Filipinos but the foreigners may still feel hot for they are not used to our climate and weather.
Well
2006-01-19 12:56:42 UTC
Cold? It's never ever cold down there. You mean less hot, right? LOL. December and January. 74F-88F.