Question:
Where is the best low cost, kick-back, island in the Philippines?
alexinidaho
2005-12-31 15:01:55 UTC
I am going to the philippines and want to know somewhere that is simple, cheap, and relaxing. I want a bungalo or something near a beach, without a bunch of tourists, but is safe. Any idea on a location and place to stay?
Two answers:
Steve C
2006-01-02 00:54:54 UTC
From past experience, I would recommend the island of Siquijor, in the Central Visayas. If you entering the Philippines at Manila, take a flight from there to Dumaguete, using either Air Philippines or Cebu Pacific. Once there, take one of the Delta Fast Ferries to Siquijor Town. It is one of the safest islands in the Philippines, very laid back and relaxing. A good place to get information is on mysiquijor.com, run by Gary Harrison, who visits the place often. There are plenty of photos of the island you can look at.

I was there in early March of 2005 with my brother. There are many different places to choose from. I stayed 3 nights at the Coral Cay Resort, on the west side of the island. They are comfortable, spacious cottages overlooking the sea, with non aircon rates ranging from US$14 to US$26. They have great food and the sunsets are absolutely amazing.
2006-01-03 01:03:06 UTC
Iam pretty fond of Cebu, Cebu City has a bunch of Colleges so there is an abundance of young ppl to mingle with