Question:
Have you been to the Philippines? Tell me something about it.?
2005-12-25 19:06:17 UTC
Have you been to the Philippines? Tell me something about it.?
Five answers:
My Big Bear Ron
2006-01-07 00:01:11 UTC
I go every June-July and 2 weeks of December every year to be with my husband. I am going to retire there.

Most of the population lives in Luzon, the northern island. Most of Luzon's population is concentrated in the metro-Manila area. I have been only to Luzon, and I want to explore much much more.

There are 7007 islands that make up the Philippines. The central region is called Visaya, and the southern region is called Mindanao.

Metro-Manila is very much alive. Yes, the air is hot and smoggy. Nevertheless, their malls are HUGE, we're talking 5 stories and often 4 of them are standing across the street from each other. Most of the people there walk and depend on public transportation -- air conditioned buses, non air-conditioned buses, jeepneys, tricycles, and cabs.

I was amazed at how hard people work there. Most are lucky to have a job. From sunrise to past sunset people there are busy doing their best to make money to live on.

I went there to experience Philippine culture, and my husband has helped me to do just that. For most, day to day living is very simple, and most homes that I saw, and where I lived consisted of small spaces with a one-burner stove, a small sink, a small bathroom with only cold water, and a small area for living and sleeping.

Customer Service was usually very good. I found employees to be very friendly and professional.

Gosh! We all could say so much more!
diazon2002
2005-12-26 04:20:36 UTC
I have been to the Philippines. My wife is a filipina. Their language is Tagalog and a lot of other dialects. English is widely spoken. The people are very nice. I would recomend anyone to visit. Go to the war memorial in Manila. Just keep a low profile..don't show off what you have. The best thing is to know someone from there to show you around.
2005-12-26 17:14:23 UTC
YES, i have been to the Philippines. If you really want the peace and relaxation this is the place to go. When we went to Boracay it was the end of May first weeks of june. There was barely anybody there on the tiny island. man i wish i was there now!!!! anyways you can always go to el nido in palawan. i have seen pictures and that is my destination to go to whenever i come back to the Philippines.

Everybody speaks english!!!

ohh by the way the pollution in SOME parts of manila is really bad. i couldn't stand it, thats why we spent most of our time in the countryside or province.
HORGA
2005-12-25 19:18:38 UTC
Are you really interested or just need something for a trivia? People from different cities would tell you different stories. If you're really interested, get started with a Frommer's travel guidebook.

Hey musicmaniact, nobody speaks Spanish there except those who take the course. Get your sources straight.
musicmaniact
2005-12-25 19:08:06 UTC
I know that half of the Islands speak english, the other speak spanish.