Question:
what kind of papper work do you need to travel to and from the philippines?
william_lander2001
2006-01-01 09:28:32 UTC
wandering what credintials you have to have for this type of international travel
Three answers:
2006-01-01 09:37:31 UTC
I have been there before to visit my online pen-pal and I had to go to the doctors to get a check up to see if I was healthy and that my heart was okay for flying then i had to get a few shots because they have illnesses over there that we dont have here. But before I did any of that I had to apply for my Visa and that took about 4 months. (they say that it cantake 3-6 months)After all was done I loaded a backpack full of Bottled water("thank God LOL") and then I got travelers checks for my money cuz I new that certain places I would be going there had a high crime rate so its always best to not travel with money. But if u are planning to go, I hope u have a great trip. There is so many wonderful things to see there and the food is so awesome... but very weird. I had a Blast:)
My Big Bear Ron
2006-01-06 23:37:12 UTC
I've LOVE the Philippines, and I fly from Atlanta as often as I can, and I stay for as long as I can.

All I have ever needed is my passport and a departing ticket. The passport allows you to stay for 21 days For an extension of up to 59 days (counting the first 21), you can pay required fees and submit paperwork to any Philippine Consulate in the US before you go, or you can work through Immigrations in the Philippines after you get there. I've been told some travel agencies there can help with the extension also.

In June and July of 2005, I overstayed the 21 days. I told the Immigrations officer upon arrival I was going to do this, and I show him my departure tickets. He told me I could simply pay the fine which did not amount to much. That is what I did.

You can extend for an additional 59 days through Immigrations. You can do this indefinitely, but you must leave the country once a year. You can go to a neighboring country for a day, and come back to repeat the process for another 59 days...for one year... get it?

You can get more information like this through the Yahoo Groups called "Living and Retiring in the Philippines." Your question is asked there frequently.
2006-01-02 16:58:57 UTC
A passport and a return ticket or any ticket leaving the RP you get the passport stamped an it is good for you to stay 21 days. you can go to the immigration office in Manila and get an extension good for more time not to exced a total of 6 months in the country. To stay longer do what most people do Fly round trip to Singapore or Hong Kong The your 21 days that can be extended to 6 months starts all over again. Keep close track of the time because they will arrest you at the air port for overstaying your time.